This image shows the balcony, with the Fransiscan coat-of-arms in relief, above the main entrance to the church at Mission San Xavier del Bac, which was finished in 1797 and is the oldest European structure in Arizona. Located just south of Tucson in the Tohono O'odham San Xavier Indian Reservation, the mission has served as a community and spiritual center for the Tohono O'odham people and has drawn thousands of pilgrims yearly that come to pray to Saint Francis Xavier. The San Xavier mission was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
December 21st, 2013
Viewed 279 Times - Last Visitor from Garden Grove, CA on 08/24/2022 at 1:55 PM